Monday, September 27, 2010

Pimping Artfire

After the latest devastation caused by Etsy Admin, namely the huge privacy breach of the past week, I have opted in on Artfire's Pro upgrade for $5.95 for life and even split my shop so I have 2 shops there now. I have never put much effort or work into Artfire and have never made a sale. I believe if I put the same amount of work into Artfire as I have Etsy that I will make sales. I really want Artfire to work out. It is painfully apparent that ETsy does not care if their sellers make sales, Etsy make its money from listing and renewing fees. Artfire on the other hand goes out of its way to help its sellers do what they are there to do, namely, SELL! I will keep you all updated on this experiment of mine.

2 comments:

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

I signed up for the Art Fire deal too, but I'm also about to launch my own site and not depend on these venues to do the work for me.

I was a victim of that so-called security breach, and I swear my views and sales have tanked since then. I have not done anything differently since that incident, and I haven't made a sale in almost 2 weeks, and I've listed 3 new products which have collectively had less than 15 views since listing them. WTF????

2 Virgos Designs said...

Etsy is only interested in getting more sellers to sign up, not interested in helping us make sales. I;m eager to see what will happen if I turn my energy onto pumping us my Artfire shop instead.