Saturday, October 17, 2009

Home from the Hospital

I had to go into the hospital last week for 5 days for observation and testing for my blood pressure problems. Things checked out Ok there and the doctor put me on a strict dosing schedule with my meds and a strict low sodium/diabetic diet and I got home 2 days ago. Boy, did I miss Blossom, my dog and my pc! It was so good to get home. I stayed at Doctors Hospital in Shreveport, it has been partially closed down for several years with just a wing open for drug rehab but is now open and accepting patients and that is where my doctor works out of now. It was very clean, the food was good, and staff wonderful, a pleasant stay for a hospital but there is no place like home! I feel better and my blood pressure while still getting a little high is much more stable. I had an abdominal ultrasound day before yesterday and we will be comparing it to my tests done in 2005 which showed the right side of my liver enlarged and deformed. If it has gotten worse, that will explin the sudden changes in my blood pressure. There won't be anything we cn do about it, but it will be an answer. My biggest challenges: this new diet and the strict time table for my medicines. I know I can do it though, I want to be as healthy as I can be and it is up to me in a large way.

No comments: